and General Provisions
6. There shall be established an organization called the “War
Organization” to be called in brief “WVO”. It will be a government
and charitable organization but will not be a state enterprise under the
law on Budgetary Procedure.
Its object is to give assistance to:-
families of the veterans; and
7. The War Veterans Organization shall be a juristic person.
8. The WVO. shall have its Head Office in Changwat Phra Nakorn
and may establish its branch offices or agencies at other places. If a
branch office or
an agency is to be established in a foreign country,
permission must first be obtained
from the Minister.
9. The WVO. shall have the following incomes:
subsidy from the Subsidy Fund of the Ministry of Defence;
money allocated from time to time by the Government;
monetary benefits and fees of the WVO.;
other moneys and properties donated to the WVO.
10. In order to carry out the object in Section 6, powers and
of the WVO. shall include:
to have various real rights, hold ownership, possess, build, purchase,
let, hire-purchase, borrow, lend, provide, procure, dispose of,
exchange, transfer and
take transfer of any land or properties by any
to operate, co-operate or take part with other persons in any works whether
they be commercial businesses or not;
to loan out money with surety or security.
11. The giving of assistance to the veterans or ex-service soldiers
the suspension of the same shall be in accordance with the rules and
prescribed in the Regulations of the War Veterans Council.
12. All activities, properties, rights, obligations and liabilities
as well as
officers, employees and funds from the budgetary appropriation
belonging to the War
Veterans Organization under the War Veterans Organization
Act, B.E. 2491 shall be
transferred to the WVO.
In the case where the Foundation for The Thai Expeditionary Forces to
Their Families is to be dissolved by the Council of Ministers
according to its
constitutive act, all activities, properties, rights,
obligations and liabilities as well as
officers, employees and funds from
budgetary appropriation belonging to the
Foundation shall be transferred
to the WVO.
13. Persons who receive assistance from the War Veterans
before the coming into force of this Act shall further receive assistance
under this Act.